-
Junior Member
registered user
Help with hdd
I just installed a version of knoppix 3.4 to my hdd, now I'm facing a very anoying problem.
I'm not able to choose any other partition to save my stuffs.
Example:
I wanted to save a webpage, so in Mozilla I go file-->save page as
and a save as window will popup with /home/yuanlong/desktop
I have my drive mount to /mnt(actually knoppix mount them automatically)
so I went to search for /mnt.
But everytime when I double click on the /mnt the whole programe would hang and I have no choice but to force shutdown the program. This applies to alotz of other programs
So is there any way I could fix this? And sorry if this is a easy one as this is the first time I'm using linux.
-
What computer do you have?
Is it by any chance a laptop with no floppy drive? Perhaps one that has provision for an external floppy which you don't have plugged in?
I have such a laptop, and I have exactly the same problem. When I click on the /mnt in the file save dialogs, my floppy drive light comes on and the program hangs. I think if you wait a few minutes it will eventually keep going.
I fixed this by removing the link to the floppy device /mnt.
I had to do this using unlink, because trying to rm it had the same lockup problem.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I'm having a desktop, but then the problem is fixed after I removed the flopppy from /mnt.
I never get stuck at opening /mnt now, thanks alot.
-
Junior Member
registered user
tearinghairout, just wanna ask if there is a way that I can permenently unlink the flopppy? Coz now everytime when I login, I'll have to unlink it manually.
btw is there a way to auto mount all the hdd partition whenever I log in?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2
$135.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250
$25.99