Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Help with hdd

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Seremban, Malaysia
    Posts
    29

    Help with hdd

    I just installed a version of knoppix 3.4 to my hdd, now I'm facing a very anoying problem.

    I'm not able to choose any other partition to save my stuffs.

    Example:
    I wanted to save a webpage, so in Mozilla I go file-->save page as
    and a save as window will popup with /home/yuanlong/desktop
    I have my drive mount to /mnt(actually knoppix mount them automatically)
    so I went to search for /mnt.
    But everytime when I double click on the /mnt the whole programe would hang and I have no choice but to force shutdown the program. This applies to alotz of other programs

    So is there any way I could fix this? And sorry if this is a easy one as this is the first time I'm using linux.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    157
    What computer do you have?

    Is it by any chance a laptop with no floppy drive? Perhaps one that has provision for an external floppy which you don't have plugged in?

    I have such a laptop, and I have exactly the same problem. When I click on the /mnt in the file save dialogs, my floppy drive light comes on and the program hangs. I think if you wait a few minutes it will eventually keep going.

    I fixed this by removing the link to the floppy device /mnt.

    I had to do this using unlink, because trying to rm it had the same lockup problem.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Seremban, Malaysia
    Posts
    29
    I'm having a desktop, but then the problem is fixed after I removed the flopppy from /mnt.
    I never get stuck at opening /mnt now, thanks alot.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Seremban, Malaysia
    Posts
    29
    tearinghairout, just wanna ask if there is a way that I can permenently unlink the flopppy? Coz now everytime when I login, I'll have to unlink it manually.

    btw is there a way to auto mount all the hdd partition whenever I log in?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17 picture

OEM Genuine 86WH 69KF2 Battery For Dell XPS 15 9500 Precision 5550 M59JH M15 M17

$45.49



OEM TVKGH 88Wh Laptop Battery For Dell Latitude 9510 2-in-1 Latitude 9510 9520 picture

OEM TVKGH 88Wh Laptop Battery For Dell Latitude 9510 2-in-1 Latitude 9510 9520

$29.43



Dell Genuine Toner Full Set Of 4 CMYK 2130cn/2135cn CT201180-CT201183 picture

Dell Genuine Toner Full Set Of 4 CMYK 2130cn/2135cn CT201180-CT201183

$39.99



New Genuine OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 3560 4 Cell Laptop Battery RJ40G M033W picture

New Genuine OEM Dell Latitude 5420 5520 3560 4 Cell Laptop Battery RJ40G M033W

$49.95



OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511 picture

OEM 68Wh 3HWPP Battery For Dell Latitude 5401 5501 5410 5510 E5411 E5511

$28.99



OEM Genuine 42WH WDX0R WDXOR Battery For Dell Inspiron 15 5567 5568 13 5368 7368 picture

OEM Genuine 42WH WDX0R WDXOR Battery For Dell Inspiron 15 5567 5568 13 5368 7368

$29.79



Genuine OEM 6MT4T 62WH Battery For Dell Latitude E5470 E5570 6MT4T 07V69Y 7V69Y picture

Genuine OEM 6MT4T 62WH Battery For Dell Latitude E5470 E5570 6MT4T 07V69Y 7V69Y

$17.88



OEM Genuine 63WH RJ40G Battery For Dell Latitude 5420 5520 Precision 3560 M033W picture

OEM Genuine 63WH RJ40G Battery For Dell Latitude 5420 5520 Precision 3560 M033W

$31.69



NEW OEM V6W33 Battery WV3K8 Dell Inspiron 3510 5510 Latitude 3320 3330 3515 picture

NEW OEM V6W33 Battery WV3K8 Dell Inspiron 3510 5510 Latitude 3320 3330 3515

$47.95



New Dell OEM Inspiron 15 3511 15.6

New Dell OEM Inspiron 15 3511 15.6" Battery 11.25V 41Wh 3467mAh G91J0 MGCM5

$44.95