Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: network card reconfiguring each time at boot bug - solved?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    29

    network card reconfiguring each time at boot bug - solved?

    Hi,
    Fabian mentioned that the above problem was a bug. Is there a solution or will an install OTHER than beginner install work?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kampen, The Netherlands
    Posts
    166

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Seremban, Malaysia
    Posts
    29
    I think I manage to solved it already.

    Ok here is what I do, I installed knoppix with beginner mode. After the installation finished, I log in as root. I went to the KUser and set my user account to have all the permision. And viola I don't need to configure the network card now when I log into my user account.

    But I haven try rebooting it yet, I'll let you know the result once I do that.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Seremban, Malaysia
    Posts
    29
    I've just tried rebooting and yes it work without a flaw...

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    30

    Re: network card reconfiguring each time at boot bug - solve

    Quote Originally Posted by softgun
    Hi,
    Fabian mentioned that the above problem was a bug. Is there a solution or will an install OTHER than beginner install work?
    I'm pretty new to Linux, but had the problem you describe and needed a quick solution. Below is what I did. Assuming that you were talking about a static IP:

    1) create a file called, say, "mystartup" down in /etc/init.d

    2) put these two lines in the file:

    ifconfig eth0 [your static IP number] netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast [first three fields of static IP].255 up

    route add default gw [put your gateway server here]

    3) save the file, make sure it is readable and executable

    4) as root, start SysV-Init Editor (from KDE menu->System). Save your current config (just in case).

    5) From available services, grab mystartup and drag it over to an appropriate position in Runlevel 5

    6) Save it, reboot

    That's it -- now, what is a better way?

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    29
    Thanks everyone!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-26-2005, 04:53 PM
  2. [Solved] Knoppix 3.7 and Network Boot : bugged ?
    By lissyx in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-21-2005, 12:20 AM
  3. network card config changes with each boot
    By Joris in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-28-2004, 03:44 PM
  4. network card and boot options
    By yunglee in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2003, 11:23 AM
  5. 3c509b card not working at boot time
    By ashes in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-07-2003, 11:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD picture

GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD

$149.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW

$121.45



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.99



ASUS PRIME H410M-K LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen H410 DDR4 USB3.2 Motherboard M-ATX picture

ASUS PRIME H410M-K LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen H410 DDR4 USB3.2 Motherboard M-ATX

$59.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99