-
SMC EZ Connect Wireless USB Adapter *INTERNET DOSNT WORK*
Ive got networked computers.. and i use the receiving computer..
So not the computer that has the internet, but the computer that recieves it..
I went to the configure network card thing.. and it said "No supported Network Card Found"
My network card is SMC EZ Connect Wireless USB Adapter(SMC2662W)
-
Hi Technik
A quick google seems to suggest that your card uses the Atmel chipset.
I noticed that Tetsuo seems to have got (his/hers?) working with the Atmel chipset by installing the drivers.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11712
Maybe you should PM Tetsuo and ask for step by step instructions.
Failing that, there seems to be a whole mailing list devoted to this subject here https://iprserv.jura.uni-leipzig.de/...atmel-wlan-usb
I notice too that there is a debian package called 'atmelwlandriver', so a simple
Code:
apt-get install atmelwlandriver
might be all you need to do.
Of course, all these probably assume that you have Knoppix installed on the HD. If you are just running from CD, I'm not sure how to go about doing this stuff.
Sorry I can't actually provide you with the answer, I could be more specific if I had one of these myself, but I don't.
BTW. Sorry we hijacked your earlier post.[/url]
-
Thanks.. im actually using the CD though, im not ready to partition anything yet.
Ill see if Tetsuo PM's me back but i dont think he/she will.
I guess ill just see what happans.
-
For the networking thing.
my friend had the same problem knoppix has a VERY VERY hard time finding usb networking adapters if you can even get a driver for it which i doubt he ended up having to plug his computer into the router via ethernet cables and it had no problems at all. untill someone makes drivers for usb wireless adapters your gonna have to go wired.
or find something that works that he didnt (he looked around for weeks) didnt find anything
he tried using a Linksys wireless usb adapter
Similar Threads
-
By tstrickland in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-01-2005, 04:35 PM
-
By calathar in forum Networking
Replies: 12
Last Post: 05-03-2005, 06:47 AM
-
By Jez in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 05:14 AM
-
By bmorlan in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-23-2004, 04:41 PM
-
By deerwood in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-19-2003, 07:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" (WDS500G2B0A) SSD
$43.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$41.99

128GB SSD M.2 PCIE NVME Solid State Drive Mix Brand Samsung, WD, SK Hynix Kioxia
$16.59

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$35.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Samsung 870 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD V-NAND MZ-77E500
$85.00