-
Cannot access hd after installing persistent home 0.4
I'll start off by asking everyone's forgiveness for the fact that I will be hard to help. I am the ultimate newbie and just recently became a convert to the beauty that is Knoppix, and Linux in general.
So here's my problem. I have been running Knoppix 3.1 happily for a week now, and decided I'd give KPH 0.4 a try. It all works great, saving my settings and all, but now when I boot into KDE 3.0, my mnt/hde1 drive is ALWAYS mounted, but not really mouted because I can't see anything when I try and click on the icon, it simply shows "0 directories, 0 files, 0 bytes". What's more, I cannot Unmount the drive, instead I get the error:
Could not unmount device.
The reported error was:
umount: /mnt/hde1: device is busy
SO, I had a similar problem previously after rebooting using save configuration and knoppix floppyconfig at the boot: prompt, but I could always unmount and then remount the drive in order to get access. Any ideas what's changed? Could it be that my persistent home is the process (job??? I'm not sure of the proper term) that's running? That kind of defeats the purpose if it is, doesn't it?
Anyways, I've tried setting a passwd with alt+ctrl+F1 and listing the jobs as su, but the command litterally just returns me to a root user prompt without error or any other info.
Please help! I love knoppix, but I really do need to be able to access my HD!!!
Thanks in advance!
Similar Threads
-
By mattperkins26 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-10-2005, 01:05 PM
-
By jeremy2300 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-06-2004, 04:40 PM
-
By ahfoo in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-20-2004, 06:33 PM
-
By EmoRock in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-22-2003, 06:13 AM
-
By Knewbie in forum General Support
Replies: 16
Last Post: 02-06-2003, 07:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-768GB +384GB - 656-0119/ 656-0120
$69.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$155.00

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

Dell Latitude 15.6” FHD Core i5 Laptop PC Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11
$489.92

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99