-
soundcard troubles
Hi,
I'm new to Linux/Knoppix, and my I am having some sound issues. I have a Creative Sound Blaster AudioPCI. When I boot Knoppix, it is detected as a AudioPCI 97 and assigned the es1371 driver. In KDE , the mixer call calls it a StigmaTel STAC9721/23. Despite the volume being up and sound being enabled in the control center, there is no sound.
When I boot using ALSA, the mixer labels the sound card an ensoniq audioPCI, but once again there is no sound with volume up, etc.
Does anyone have any advice? It would be greatly appreciated.
-
Soundcard
Im not too sure, but I think if you go to Knoppix --> Soundcard Configuration, there you can autodetect a driver, and then say you cant hear it, then you can select a driver. Try the bottom one, and if that dosent work, try a few others, also try looking for a driver on the net.
Similar Threads
-
By HappyDays in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-26-2005, 06:18 AM
-
By catlord17 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 10-10-2004, 09:02 PM
-
By DusteD in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-28-2004, 03:45 PM
-
By cameik in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-01-2004, 01:35 AM
-
By cold in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-03-2004, 08:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$90.00

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

PalmConnect Serial Kit for Mac - Vintage Software CD-ROM
$59.99

Vintage Apple Mac PC Max604cpu PowerPC Processor CPU Daughterboard
$54.95

Vintage Apple Mac OS 9 Retail Box 1999 Sherlock 2 Original CD Manuals
$50.00

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer **TURNS ON **
$99.99

Sonnet Tempo Trio PCI Controller Card Vintage Apple Mac ATA/IDE + FireWire + USB
$150.00

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage
$249.00

VTG Apple Macintosh Owner's Guide Manual Mixed Lot With System 7 Software
$200.00