Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: soundcard troubles

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1

    soundcard troubles

    Hi,
    I'm new to Linux/Knoppix, and my I am having some sound issues. I have a Creative Sound Blaster AudioPCI. When I boot Knoppix, it is detected as a AudioPCI 97 and assigned the es1371 driver. In KDE , the mixer call calls it a StigmaTel STAC9721/23. Despite the volume being up and sound being enabled in the control center, there is no sound.

    When I boot using ALSA, the mixer labels the sound card an ensoniq audioPCI, but once again there is no sound with volume up, etc.

    Does anyone have any advice? It would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2

    Soundcard

    Im not too sure, but I think if you go to Knoppix --> Soundcard Configuration, there you can autodetect a driver, and then say you cant hear it, then you can select a driver. Try the bottom one, and if that dosent work, try a few others, also try looking for a driver on the net.

Similar Threads

  1. Troubles
    By HappyDays in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-26-2005, 06:18 AM
  2. Knoppix troubles - help!
    By catlord17 in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-10-2004, 09:02 PM
  3. Cd rom troubles
    By DusteD in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-28-2004, 03:45 PM
  4. ok, it's on my hd, I have app-get troubles. a better way?
    By cameik in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-01-2004, 01:35 AM
  5. USB troubles
    By cold in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2004, 08:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800 picture

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800

$189.95



Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$275.00



Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$225.00



Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI picture

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI

$150.00



Intel 4004 IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair picture

Intel 4004 IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair

$48.00



S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI) picture

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)

$34.99



Build S-100 Bus Computer Peripherals Altair 8800 IMSAI + Apple II Commodore PET picture

Build S-100 Bus Computer Peripherals Altair 8800 IMSAI + Apple II Commodore PET

$69.99



Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair

$69.99



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



1976 Vintage CPU Guide Intel C4004 8008 CDP1802 IMP-16 PACE M6800 Rockwell PPS-4 picture

1976 Vintage CPU Guide Intel C4004 8008 CDP1802 IMP-16 PACE M6800 Rockwell PPS-4

$59.99