Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Save Config

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1

    Save Config

    I am using Knoppix 3.1 but am a Nuub. One problem that bothers me a lot is configuration setup, which I have to do every time I boot Knoppix. I know that I can save my configuration settings on a floppy. But thats a very limited space. If I make a lot of configuration settings and other display changes I find that the configuration files become too big and it does not gets saved on the floppy, even if I do not save files on the desktop. So I would like to know if there is a way to save the configuration files on some other drive like a usb mini drive or a cd and then change some path (some where) so that when Knoppix boots it reads the configurations from that drive instead of a floppy. Ofcours that drive needs to be self mounted first and I need to learn that too.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kampen, The Netherlands
    Posts
    166
    You can find some info here: http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqUsing

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981
    3.1? You should really consider upgrading to 3.4 if you can do it. The save config script in 3.4 provides for saving to HD or a different drive (I can't remember if 3.1 did). It doesn't partition or format or anything, it just writes a couple of files to the HD. Also has provision for a 'persistent home' on the HD. (again, can't remember if you could do this with 3.1)

Similar Threads

  1. cannot save the config
    By linksta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-06-2004, 10:27 PM
  2. save-config-BURNER
    By veuf in forum Ideas
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-13-2004, 02:03 PM
  3. Save config without floppy
    By cld in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-07-2004, 07:26 AM
  4. Can't save any config settings
    By Dooley in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-10-2004, 03:52 PM
  5. How to save the config of Samba?
    By lhr in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-28-2003, 03:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold picture

32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold

$121.00



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3 picture

32GB Micron PC4 – 3200AA DDR4 ECC Registered Server RAM - MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2J3

$200.00



Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory picture

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory

$189.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



64 (32x2 GB) Memory for laptop Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.  picture

64 (32x2 GB) Memory for laptop Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.

$260.00



64 GB Ram (32x2) Memory for laptop: Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.  picture

64 GB Ram (32x2) Memory for laptop: Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.

$280.00