-
The Problem and The answer
For all you guys that are getting the error when trying the ath0 i am a newb and this is like the second time i have ever used knoppix so i was trying to connect to the internet all different ways and when i opened the K-Menu/KNOPPIX/NetworkInternet/KWiFiManager. So i opened the KWiFi Manager and selected settings than configuration editor and down near the bottom it had an option that said Setting apply to interface: and an Autodetect button after that, well select the Autodetect and it will tell you if you need to use ath0 or eth0 or whatever... so basically instead of saying ath0 in all of the commands that Guitar Geek gave us i used eth0 and it worked... The End.
-
I am running Knoppix v5.1, booting from a USB thumbdrive. I also have a Belkin 54G wireless desktop card which works fine in Windows. To round this out I have a Belkin 54G wireless router. I have three other computers that connect to this router including the one using the Knoppix live CD. However, I can't get it to connect using Knoppix. I followed the directions of guitar geek and when I tried to pump eth1, it gave me a operation failed. I've tried other methods prior to this with the same results. I also am new to Linux so please someone give me a hand.
Similar Threads
-
By PacaveliTheDon in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-30-2005, 12:42 AM
-
By bob58 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-16-2004, 06:40 AM
-
By esher2292 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-28-2004, 01:29 AM
-
By Kriil in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-28-2004, 04:14 PM
-
By ys0304 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 12:00 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box
$1500.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Yealink SIP-T46S, t46G, & T46U IP Phone - Black, LOT of 14
$324.99

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99