-
So close yet so far... Internet question
Firstly I'd like to say thankyou to all those who have helped me before, I am getting pretty good at this.
I am become a decent linux user slowly but surely I will get there. [getting a old Idiot's Guide to Linux and RedHat book has helped some, circa 1995. most of it still appiles]
Anyways, my internet problem is that is "phases out" after abit of none use, like while I am working on a text file or playing a game of Pingus[tracked that down and installed it myself, along with FireFox] Go me!
This also happens right after I switch to Linux from my WindowsXP. The only think that seems to work to get me back online it when I unplug the router for abit and plug it in again.
[EDIT] And while I typed this is phased out too.
Here is my stats on the network where I get my internet.
Linksys Router 1 W/ FireWall
Uplinked to Linksysrouter 2 W/O FireWall
To my PC.
My ISP has Dynamic IP. [Cable Modem, Charter, speed 786mb]
I think and this is pure guess is that it's not quite set up to reaquire the connection under the new IP it's given.
And this is my Config file for /etc/network/interface.
Code:
# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8)
# The loopback interface
# automatically added when upgrading
auto lo eth0
iface lo inet loopback
iface eth0 inet dhcp
Thankou for you time and help.
Similar Threads
-
By mwdowns in forum Laptops
Replies: 30
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 08:22 PM
-
By vtechstu in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-16-2004, 10:56 PM
-
By o0oO in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 02:13 AM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-10-2004, 01:07 PM
-
By computerkid14 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-05-2003, 01:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth
$39.99

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95