You need to run network card configuration. I believe you havent done that since your /etc/neteork/interfaces is empty.
Firstly I'd like to say thankyou to all those who have helped me before, I am getting pretty good at this.
I am become a decent linux user slowly but surely I will get there. [getting a old Idiot's Guide to Linux and RedHat book has helped some, circa 1995. most of it still appiles]
Anyways, my internet problem is that is "phases out" after abit of none use, like while I am working on a text file or playing a game of Pingus[tracked that down and installed it myself, along with FireFox] Go me!
This also happens right after I switch to Linux from my WindowsXP. The only think that seems to work to get me back online it when I unplug the router for abit and plug it in again.
[EDIT] And while I typed this is phased out too.
Here is my stats on the network where I get my internet.
Linksys Router 1 W/ FireWall
Uplinked to Linksysrouter 2 W/O FireWall
To my PC.
My ISP has Dynamic IP. [Cable Modem, Charter, speed 786mb]
I think and this is pure guess is that it's not quite set up to reaquire the connection under the new IP it's given.
And this is my Config file for /etc/network/interface.
Thankou for you time and help.Code:# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8) # The loopback interface # automatically added when upgrading auto lo eth0 iface lo inet loopback iface eth0 inet dhcp
You need to run network card configuration. I believe you havent done that since your /etc/neteork/interfaces is empty.
I can't run it, it's not there anymore, I updated and upgraded it to the current testing release.
If it was that I would have not asked, that was the second thing I checked.
How do I do it manuelly?[sp?]
Get knoppix-netcardconfig from here:
http://developer.linuxtag.net/knoppix/sources/

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$59.99
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$385.00
2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99