Depends, are you referring to your own customized Knoppix? If so see
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...masteringHowto
If you really want to build your own Linux see
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/
Good Luck,
Mike
Q : I want to 'build' my own linux. Can someone please tell me how to do this and what i will need?
-Thanks-
Depends, are you referring to your own customized Knoppix? If so see
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...masteringHowto
If you really want to build your own Linux see
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/
Good Luck,
Mike
I want to build my own Linux mainly to learn more about how the whole thing works. I find that I learn more about someting by taking it appart and putting it back together again. It would also free up some disk space cos I don't really use/need all the packages installed in knoppix.
The linuxfromscratch website will certainly come in handy. Thanks for the help.![]()

Vintage Apple Comp Rainbow Black Canvas Leather Laptop Briefcase Messenger Bag
$49.00
Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99
Macintosh MacTerminal M0521 Version 1.0. Vintage Apple software 1984 Sealed
$129.99
Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00
Vintage 1983 Apple II ProDOS User's Kit Computer Software NEW SEALED A2D2010
$64.95
Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++
$169.00
Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X
$180.00
Vintage Apple Extended Keyboard- M0115 - no cord
$49.99
Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00
Apple cloth fabric banner iBook tangerine orange New Old Stock Vintage
$99.00