Depends, are you referring to your own customized Knoppix? If so see
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...masteringHowto
If you really want to build your own Linux see
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/
Good Luck,
Mike
Q : I want to 'build' my own linux. Can someone please tell me how to do this and what i will need?
-Thanks-
Depends, are you referring to your own customized Knoppix? If so see
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...masteringHowto
If you really want to build your own Linux see
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/
Good Luck,
Mike
I want to build my own Linux mainly to learn more about how the whole thing works. I find that I learn more about someting by taking it appart and putting it back together again. It would also free up some disk space cos I don't really use/need all the packages installed in knoppix.
The linuxfromscratch website will certainly come in handy. Thanks for the help.![]()

Lot 4 Samsung 64gb PC4-25600 2Rx4 DDR4-3200AA ECC RDIMM Reg Server Memory RAM
$3199.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64bit 32 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$95.99
RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50