-
Junior Member
registered user
I manage to pass the ./configure after all the -dev package installed but then I am still getting error which using make or make install.
Code:
/usr/include/freetype2/freetype/freetype.h:20:2: #error "`ft2build.h' hasn't been included yet!"
/usr/include/freetype2/freetype/freetype.h:21:2: #error "Please always use macros to include FreeType header files."
/usr/include/freetype2/freetype/freetype.h:22:2: #error "Example:"
/usr/include/freetype2/freetype/freetype.h:23:2: #error " #include <ft2build.h>"
/usr/include/freetype2/freetype/freetype.h:24:2: #error " #include FT_FREETYPE_H"
make[3]: *** [gdkasync.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/mnt/hdb2/linux/gtk+-2.4.4/gdk/x11'
make[2]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/hdb2/linux/gtk+-2.4.4/gdk'
make[1]: *** [install] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/hdb2/linux/gtk+-2.4.4/gdk'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
btw I have tried apt-get install libgtk2.0-0, it downloaded and install nicely. But my gaim compilation is still giving me the same error.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Yuanlong
I know that there is already a gtk inside knoppix but the problem is whenever I try to compile Gaim-0.80(knoppix use version 0.77), it keep giving me this msg
Code:
checking for GTK+ - version >= 2.0.0... no
*** Could not run GTK+ test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GTK+ is incorrectly installed.
configure: error:
*** GTK+ 2.0 is required to build Gaim; please make sure you have the GTK+
*** development headers installed. The latest version of GTK+ is
*** always available at http://www.gtk.org/.
btw thanks for the 2 command. I got it solved already.
Compiling the gtk+ now and later will try it with gaim again.
Thanks all.
Gaim .80 is already packaged in Debian as well so you simply install it no need to compile.
Code:
[HappyTux:/home/stephen]# apt-cache search gaim
gaim - multi-protocol instant messaging client
[HappyTux:/home/stephen]# apt-cache policy gaim
gaim:
Installed: (none)
Candidate: 1:0.80-3
Version Table:
1:0.80-3 0
990 http://ftp.de.debian.org testing/main Packages
600 http://ftp.de.debian.org unstable/main Packages
-
Junior Member
registered user
sorry to be noob again but how do i install it? I've try apt-get install gaim0.80-3 but it won't work.
-
Senior Member
registered user
There is no gaim 0.80 debian package, there's only debian gaim 0.77. The problem is gaim 0.77 no longer can log into yahoo.
I had similar problem loooong time ago. After I upgrade my distro then the gtk error vanished.
Now I am able to compile gaim 0.80 and using it.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Gaim .80 is in debian unstable. As root, try
Code:
apt-get -s install -t unstable gaim
to see if it will install without a problem. Remove the -s to go ahead and install if the output shows no problems.
HTH,
Durand
-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Durand Hicks
Gaim .80 is in debian unstable. As root, try
Code:
apt-get -s install -t unstable gaim
to see if it will install without a problem. Remove the -s to go ahead and install if the output shows no problems.
HTH,
Durand
Thanks everyone, I finally got my gaim 0.80 installed(yahoo msger back
) but the GTK+ error is still there whenever I try to compile anything.
Similar Threads
-
By lewisdw in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-16-2005, 07:35 PM
-
By fdellamorte in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-02-2004, 09:38 PM
-
By anhtran81 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-18-2004, 06:06 AM
-
By estranged in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-21-2003, 07:13 PM
-
By athlonthunder in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-08-2003, 05:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

Golf Challenge - Sierra On-Line - 1982 / Atari 400/800
$199.95

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75

Atari St Diskette Lot Spot Tested Utilities Back Up Games 98 Disks Uncle Pervo
$127.42

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00

ATARI 800 XL 8-Bit Computer w/ Power Supply
$169.00