-
Junior Member
registered user
Problem while compiling GTK+
I'm keep getting this error message when I try to compile GTK+ with #./configure
Code:
configure: error: Library requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.4.0 atk >= 1.0.1 pango >= 1.4.0) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
Anyone can give me a clue on how to solve this?
Sorry if I sound noob.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Problem while compiling GTK+

Originally Posted by
Yuanlong
I'm keep getting this error message when I try to compile GTK+ with #./configure
Code:
configure: error: Library requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.4.0 atk >= 1.0.1 pango >= 1.4.0) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
Anyone can give me a clue on how to solve this?
Sorry if I sound noob.
Do you have the -dev package installed for them.
BTW I found all these package names by using apt-cache search package_missing you usually always need the -dev files for compiling. Also when you are missing a file(s) ( eg. it spits out an error telling you that it cannot find a certain file not just the entire library ) during a compile it is also handy to have installed apt-file then you would apt-file update and apt-file search some_library.so.1 to find which package it is in then you can install it and restart the compile.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Ermm I'm a total newbie to linux(just started last week), so I don't really understand how to do with the apt-file part.
btw here are the result returned back when I check it
Code:
yuanlong@Zhang:~$ apt-cache policy libglib2.0-dev
libglib2.0-dev:
Installed: 2.2.3-1
Candidate: 2.2.3-1
Version Table:
*** 2.2.3-1 0
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
yuanlong@Zhang:~$ apt-cache policy libatk1.0-dev
libatk1.0-dev:
Installed: (none)
Candidate: (none)
Version Table:
yuanlong@Zhang:~$ apt-cache policy libpango1.0-dev
libpango1.0-dev:
Installed: (none)
Candidate: (none)
Version Table:
I guess it means that I don't have those -dev package installed. Could you guide me where or how to get those -dev package? Thanks
-
Junior Member
registered user
Ermm I'm a total newbie to linux(just started last week), so I don't really understand how to do with the apt-file part.
btw here are the result returned back when I check it
Code:
yuanlong@Zhang:~$ apt-cache policy libglib2.0-dev
libglib2.0-dev:
Installed: 2.2.3-1
Candidate: 2.2.3-1
Version Table:
*** 2.2.3-1 0
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
yuanlong@Zhang:~$ apt-cache policy libatk1.0-dev
libatk1.0-dev:
Installed: (none)
Candidate: (none)
Version Table:
yuanlong@Zhang:~$ apt-cache policy libpango1.0-dev
libpango1.0-dev:
Installed: (none)
Candidate: (none)
Version Table:
I guess it means that I don't have those -dev package installed. Could you guide me where or how to get those -dev package? Thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig
Then try compiling. This must be done in the same terminal window!
-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
mzilikazi
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig
Then try compiling. This must be done in the same terminal window!
Ermm sorry for this very noob question but how do I compile? Which of these command is to compile it?
Code:
#./configure
#make
#make install
Thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Yuanlong
Ermm sorry for this very noob question but how do I compile? Which of these command is to compile it?
Code:
#./configure
#make
#make install
Thanks
All of them.
-
Junior Member
registered user
The same error still comes out when I try to compile.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Well first of all have you installed the apps that Stephen mentioned?
apt-get update && apt-get install libatk1.0-dev libpango1.0-dev
Also gtk is in Debian so not really sure why you're compiling it.
apt-get install libgtk2.0-0
-
Junior Member
registered user
I know that there is already a gtk inside knoppix but the problem is whenever I try to compile Gaim-0.80(knoppix use version 0.77), it keep giving me this msg
Code:
checking for GTK+ - version >= 2.0.0... no
*** Could not run GTK+ test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GTK+ is incorrectly installed.
configure: error:
*** GTK+ 2.0 is required to build Gaim; please make sure you have the GTK+
*** development headers installed. The latest version of GTK+ is
*** always available at http://www.gtk.org/.
btw thanks for the 2 command. I got it solved already.
Compiling the gtk+ now and later will try it with gaim again.
Thanks all.
Similar Threads
-
By lewisdw in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-16-2005, 07:35 PM
-
By fdellamorte in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-02-2004, 09:38 PM
-
By anhtran81 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-18-2004, 06:06 AM
-
By estranged in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-21-2003, 07:13 PM
-
By athlonthunder in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-08-2003, 05:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader
$571.00

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.6" Full HD Laptop - Intel Processor N355 2025- 8G...
$429.99

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 Laptop 14" FHD Core i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$289.99