Edit:
Issue 2 appears to have been a one off. Network started fine today on boot.
Over the last few weeks I've started experiencing a couple of wifi network issues on on 3.3 based hdd install.
Hardware:
IBM Thinkpad600
Dell 1150 Wireless pcmcia card (Orinoco Gold)
Software Levels:
Apt-get update and upgrade fully up to date.
Issue 1:
This only seems to have started in the last couple of week.
Whenever a second wirelessly attached laptop is started, this machines connection to the wlan drops. '/etc/init.d/networking restart' doesn't seem to help. Removing and re-inserting the wlan card brings the connection back up.
It's not an IP clash.
Any thoughts?
Issue 2:
Seems to have started yesterday.
The wireless conection (eth0) is not brought up on boot. It is attempted, but fails. Waiting for boot to complete, then issuing '/etc/init.d/networking restart' as root brings the connection up. I know I could add a script at the end of the boot sequence to do this for me, but I would like to fix this properly.
Again, any thought?
Until the last few weeks, I've not had either of these issues. I assume that there is something new in testing/unstable causing this. Any know what?
Cheers
--
TimWhite
Edit:
Issue 2 appears to have been a one off. Network started fine today on boot.

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99