PHP is installed in Knoppix only as an Apache module, not as a standalone executable. In order to use PHP on Knoppix, you must configure Apache accordingly.
If you need the standalone PHP binary, you have to download and install it.
Hello,
I'm using (or rather trying to) Knoppix 3.4. I know php is installed for I can run .php pages. However, I cannot find the php executable (the equivalent of php.exe if you will).
Is it possible Knoppix has only the apache module compiled?
Thanks.
philip
PHP is installed in Knoppix only as an Apache module, not as a standalone executable. In order to use PHP on Knoppix, you must configure Apache accordingly.
If you need the standalone PHP binary, you have to download and install it.
Thanks, I really appreciate.Originally Posted by probono
Was size the reason the reason the standalone binary was left out? Could I ask for it to be included in the next release? Please pretty please?![]()

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core⢠Ultra Series
$235.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4
$79.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
$54.99