My guess: UDMA for the CDrom might be disabled in the bios. A check would be good.
Ok, so I'm using Knoppix 3.4, trying to get it to boot off the CD. But it halts, with one particular error message over and over:
hda: Host Protected Area Disabled.
I have no idea what it means or what I have to do to get it to load knoppix, but I'm desprate for ideas. :P
P2 300Mhz
128 MB EDO RAM
20GB 7200RPM HD
My guess: UDMA for the CDrom might be disabled in the bios. A check would be good.
Ok, I'm not seeing anything that says specifically UDMA for drives....![]()

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM
$9599.00
128GB (2x64GB) NEW Crucial Micron DDR5 5600 Desktop RAM UDIMM (CP2K64G56C46U5)
$2085.00
SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95
LOT of 5 DDR4 8GB & 1 16GB So-DIMM RAM Sticks Micron and SK Hynix Various Speeds
$175.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25
Corsair 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3200 288-Pin DIMM RAM CMT16GX4M2Z3200C16
$180.00
Dell 32GB DDR5 5600 CAMM KYHG6V Precision 7670 7680 7770 7780 16Gx8 Memory
$669.00