-
250gb hard drive
Well, I am newb to linux .... only used it a few times. I just got a 250gb hd, and linux only lets me use 30gb of it .... I figured out how to make it let me use the whole thing on windows ... but this aint windows, so I have no clue what to do...
any help is appreciated ...
-
Junior Member
registered user
I'm going to take a stab at it and guess that you have partitioned 220 GB of your 250 GB hard drive for Windows' NTFS. Am I right?
-
nope, I do not have windows installed on my hd .. windows only saw 30gb or my hd too ....
-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: 250gb hard drive

Originally Posted by
dextermovies
.... I figured out how to make it let me use the whole thing on windows...
If Windows only "saw" 30 GB of the 250 GB hard drive, what did you do to make it let you use the whole thing?
How old is your computer? Perhaps there is some kind of BIOS issue.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Would it be that you have only partitioned 30G of the hhd space only? Windows or linux won't be able to see the space you didn't partition.
-
Senior Member
registered user
It's time for you to upgrade your bios.
-
well, I have a computer that is running amd athlon 64bit processor , 2400+ speed .. 2 512 xms memory stick, 1 1gb memory stick (all corsair, so they are not cheap) .. a 250gb hard drive, and a 168 gb hard drive ... I have to use western digital to make winodws see all of my hard drive space ... and I have the most up to dat bios I could find a download for ...
I have several differn't types of linux os's ... and all only see 30gb of my hd .... I have windows installed on my 168gb .. I want to use all of my 250gb for linux, and evetually conver my 168gb to linux as well ..
my 250gb hard drive is not partioned at all ..
-
Senior Member
registered user
what does fdisk say about the drive?
-
I thought fdisk was just used for partioning ... and it is not included windows xp .. as far as I know
-
Senior Member
registered user
For the most simplistic approach, open a Console (little black box at bottom of screen) and type
sudo qtparted
Click the drive (make sure nothing is mount on that disk) and check things out.
If there is alot of grey then that space isn't partitioned.
Similar Threads
-
By cruman in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-02-2006, 02:42 AM
-
By Highland in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-24-2005, 03:53 PM
-
By spikey_richie in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-01-2005, 10:39 AM
-
By kidsatacrux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 19
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 07:41 AM
-
By false-hopes in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-29-2004, 01:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed
$136.87

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19