-
Lilo won't boot hda1
Hello,
first i have to say, my english is not too good, sorry therefore, but the german language forum is down at moment. So please be patient with me (as i am an beginner also).
I installed knoppix "debianlikely" on harddisk hdb (partition hdb
. I did'nt know, where the bootloader lilo would install itself. So I choosed the installation in the boot sector of the linux-partition. And I made a floppy-boot while installation. (It's working fine) Then I edited the etc/Lilo.config, and put lilo into mbr of hdb. Now i am able to start linux from hd, by choosing my bios-startoptions (start from harddisk 2). Starting from harddisk, i have the choice between 2 kernels, and several windows-partitions, but only one partition (w98 on hda1) is bootable. I've tried to edit the config-file, by inserting a table-parameter:
other=/dev/hdb2
label="Windows(hdb2)
table=/dev/hdb
Now I can access the second Win98 on hdb2. But the other one won't boot. (I've changed the table-argument too, but that makes no difference) While running /sbin/lilo, following is announced:
Warning: Change AUTOMATIC assumed after "other=/dev/hdb2"
This might have something to do with my problem, how could i resolve that?
tia
Martin
-
Hello,
the problem was easy to repair (if you know how, but i got help)
Starting from the second harddisk by bios is something like a charade, and the bootable os has to be concerned, to start from hd1.
Edit the /etc/lilo.config:
Other:=/dev/hda1
label="whatever"
boot-as=0x80
table=/dev/hda
and then run /sbin/lilo.
That's all
hth Martin
Similar Threads
-
By carfield in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-13-2005, 12:59 PM
-
By jimbo62 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-16-2004, 10:41 PM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-21-2004, 05:12 AM
-
By o3greg in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-09-2004, 05:35 AM
-
By keava in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 05:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW
$30.89

Samsung PM961 256GB,Internal (MZ-VLW2560) NVMe
$28.90

QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black
$500.00

Samsung Chomrebook XE350XBA-K02US LCD Screen FHD Display 15.6" XE350XBA-K03US
$51.77

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99

Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible
$39.00

Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2
$89.00

Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD
$59.99

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00