-
Help!!! Remastered KNOPPIX image doesn't boot.
Hi,
I have encountered a problem with Knoppix 3.4 DVD edition.
My remastered compressed image, named KNOPPIX,
doesn't boot.
After the device scanning is successfully completed (on boot)
a have got a message:
"Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem...."
Does anyone have any clue?
Any suggestions are very appreciated.
Thanks
Yuriy
-
I had the same error today with
KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-17-DE.iso CDimage
which would not boot on an old Pentium II.
The message came after
enabling DMA access for /dev/hdc (or something similar)
knoppix nodma
at the boot-prompt made it go.
At least it's worth a try
-
Does cloop driver support images larger than 2 GB,
I have 2.2 GB image, maybe this is it?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I know that fat 32 has a problem with files over 2 gig. But I have also been having problems if the KNOPPIX/KNOPIX file is larger than 2 gigs. I have a partition formated riserfs and I save my iso there. I have tried booting from the DVD with cheat code bootfrom=/dev/hda7/knoppix.iso -see error above. Can someone help or at least explain what is going on?
-
When I reduced the Knoppix big file (cloop compressed image)
to 1.8 GB all is working just fine
Similar Threads
-
By knopx4me in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-16-2005, 01:18 PM
-
By wen in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-17-2004, 10:57 PM
-
By funkymonk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-15-2004, 01:44 PM
-
By astormchaser in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-22-2003, 12:20 PM
-
By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF + 2SFF 2x10/1Gbe H730 Mini 2x 750W Server
$348.00

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S
$660.00