Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: For god sake, i love knoppix but i want a HD install

  1. #1
    Guest

    For god sake, i love knoppix but i want a HD install

    I cannot install it to my hd, i cant login to the root, it asks me for password.. and i dont have one, and when i press ctrl alt f1 i get like a screen lock, not root shell, someone please help i want to install knoppix, i have 2 hd, one is windows xp and other is a slave..

    Im new to linux so be not to complicated..

  2. #2
    Guest
    open a shell and type

    sudo knx-hdinstall

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    100

    get root do hdd install

    You can just say "sudo passwd" and set you own password for root or say "sudo su" in a shell to get a root prompt.When I want to work as root or do the knx-hdinstall I just boot the Knoppix cd and at the boot prompt say "knoppix 2" this boots me to a root prompt where I say "startx /usr/bin/fluxbox" and once at that desktop I just open an xterm and cd /usr/local/bin the run knx-hdinstall.

Similar Threads

  1. sharin' the knoppix love
    By spammehere1234 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2004, 05:08 AM
  2. Ah Knoppix, how I love thee
    By PotatoHead in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-14-2004, 07:24 PM
  3. I Love IT ! But have some issues with Knoppix
    By Cuddles in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-13-2003, 02:32 PM
  4. I love Knoppix
    By johnsandidge in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-03-2003, 09:09 PM
  5. Why I love knoppix (and linux/free/open software in general)
    By tearinghairout in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-20-2003, 06:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Lot of 5 Samsung PM9B1 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe SSD MZVL4256HBJD SSD picture

Lot of 5 Samsung PM9B1 256GB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe SSD MZVL4256HBJD SSD

$200.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



Samsung One Connect Docking Station SOC8002B Black w/ Cable & Power Cord picture

Samsung One Connect Docking Station SOC8002B Black w/ Cable & Power Cord

$400.00



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung  picture

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung

$89.99



RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+ picture

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+

$174.99



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77



New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW picture

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW

$120.00