-
terminal server with centralized user login and home?
Hi,
first let me all users of this forum thank for your great, great work and help with that brilliant knoppix thing! It is unbelievable!
I am experimenting with the terminal server right now, I am booting clients from a hd-install and want to customize *what* they will boot...
but first I would like to check out how centralized usere logins can be realized with knoppix? Is there a PAM module for this? I think NIS must be active for this to work?
Actually I want to boot the thin clients from a hdinstall and have them presented a login screen. I want to control this via the central server, so simplest thing that came to my mind was having a /etc/passwd on a nfs export? (stupid idea, i think)
Also users should have their home dirs on the server.
I am not begging for a readymade solution, but of course if anybody has done this before, I would be more than glad if you could show me how...
Thanks for your attention,
Peter
Similar Threads
-
By steve2004 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 11:37 PM
-
By IsaacKuo in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 04:05 PM
-
By cybervet in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-27-2003, 11:44 PM
-
By gtp1964 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-17-2003, 05:53 PM
-
By Robert Michel in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-26-2003, 01:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Lot of 3 IBM 00JY196 ServeRAID M1210 PCI Express SAS SATA Storage Controller
$68.99