Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Wireless USB Network Adapter Problems....

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3

    Wireless USB Network Adapter Problems....

    Well...Everything about Knoppix is great...I love it...BUT:

    I am not able to visit any sites, or even use xchat...
    I followed the translated configuration guide for setting up my network card...
    I don't use DHCP so I typed in the IP addresses...
    I used Konqueror to see if it worked...but it didn't


    Is the problem my Wireless USB Network Adapter? I am sure Knoppix supports it... Therefore I am lost, and I want my mommy

    This may sound dumb, but I have a CD that I used to install the Net Adapter...Does Linux allow me to install it?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900

    Re: Wireless USB Network Adapter Problems....

    Quote Originally Posted by haYnguy
    Well...Everything about Knoppix is great...I love it...BUT:

    I am not able to visit any sites, or even use xchat...
    I followed the translated configuration guide for setting up my network card...
    I don't use DHCP so I typed in the IP addresses...
    I used Konqueror to see if it worked...but it didn't


    Is the problem my Wireless USB Network Adapter? I am sure Knoppix supports it... Therefore I am lost, and I want my mommy

    This may sound dumb, but I have a CD that I used to install the Net Adapter...Does Linux allow me to install it?
    Yer mommy ain't here! :P Actually it *may* be possible to use the drivers you already have w/ something called 'driverloader' but not from Knoppix cd as I do not beleive Knoppix has driverloader. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong). Before going that far tho I would suggest posting some info about your USB adapter ( make, model, chipset, etc.) and see if anyone knows how to configure it and Linux drivers may already exist for it.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3
    OK...
    This is the name of the net adapter
    Linksys Wireless USB Network Adapter Model: WUSB11 v2.5

    I tried a bunch of suggestions, and wrote alot scripts and i still dont know whats going on...

    Do I need to mount the USB?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    Using the search function atop this very page I found this:
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=22400

    This may also be of some help.

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11998

Similar Threads

  1. External USB Linksys Wireless-B Network adapter question
    By cdgeorge in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 12:32 AM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-08-2005, 05:17 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2005, 04:18 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-15-2004, 12:52 PM
  5. Linksys WUSB11 v2.5 Wireless Network Adapter (Prism)
    By Tankerkevo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-15-2004, 06:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600

$239.99



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive picture

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$23.99



Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5

Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s

$59.00



Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD

$339.00



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95