-
Junior Member
registered user
Ownership and Operation permissions???
Hello
I'm having trouble installing modem and sound card packages (in general) but more specifically I would like to know if error messages like 'cannot change owner' and 'Operation not permitted' are something to do with knoppix not having a hard disk home??? It's like knoppix can't write to it's own ramdisk and setup drivers for my modem or sound card...it's true I do have modem and sound chipsets not directly supported but I can't seem to get past the errors like 'cannot create directory `/lib/modules/2.4.26/misc': Operation not permitted' ....even if the drivers didn't work I should be able to force an install and try my luck??
I've remounted all drives as 'r,w' except the CD but still it has trouble writing to system directories etc????
Confused???
Similar Threads
-
By sniper in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-27-2004, 05:59 AM
-
By sniper in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-26-2004, 10:17 AM
-
By kucz in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2004, 12:24 PM
-
By CyberDork in forum Laptops
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 08:35 PM
-
By Tortoise in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-22-2003, 02:56 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Blade Server BAREBONES NO CPU, RAM OR HDD 🚚
$140.00

NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE T430 T630 G13 SERVERS K98XH
$225.00

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis
$274.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Empty Chassis XJ6VP
$149.99

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE R730 SERVER M48YR RXW6R K98XH
$225.00