-
Starting Postgres using Knoppix (windows - cygwin)
My default OS is windows 2000. I have installed cygwin and runpostgres database using it. Which works fine.
When I Boot using Knoppix live cd. i can go to the folder where I have exe files to start the db serve. i get a message that user knopppix does not have execute access, this folder has only read access. I tired changing the file settings to execute for all but does not chnage the access.
1. Can I create a user in knoppix which is same as windows user, so that it will have full access on the local hardrive.
2. Is this the way I run applications in windows ? I mean start,by executing applications as I would in windows.
What i want to do is run postgres on the machine and be able to use it using both windows and knoppix, is it possible?
thanks
pathy
Similar Threads
-
By KIRAN in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-13-2005, 11:26 PM
-
By eco2geek in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-14-2004, 11:36 AM
-
By mshanmuga in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-28-2004, 08:41 PM
-
By pathy in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-07-2004, 02:05 AM
-
By pnti in forum General Support
Replies: 18
Last Post: 05-23-2003, 11:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10
$1505.77

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99

Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151
$39.99

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99

HP ProDesk 405 G8 Desktop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650GE 16GB RAM 512GB SSD W11P
$319.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99