You can't install anything that needs to be put else where then home directory or the ram disk.
the /lib folder is on the CD, hence you can't write to it.
Hello![]()
I'm having trouble installing modem and sound card packages (in general) but more specifically I would like to know if error messages like 'cannot change owner' and 'Operation not permitted' are something to do with knoppix not having a hard disk home??? It's like knoppix can't write to it's own ramdisk and setup drivers for my modem or sound card...it's true I do have modem and sound chipsets not directly supported but I can't seem to get past the errors like 'cannot create directory `/lib/modules/2.4.26/misc': Operation not permitted' ....even if the drivers didn't work I should be able to force an install and try my luck??
I've remounted all drives as 'r,w' except the CD but still it has trouble writing to system directories etc????
Confused???
You can't install anything that needs to be put else where then home directory or the ram disk.
the /lib folder is on the CD, hence you can't write to it.

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
$400.00
Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00
IBM iDataPlex dx360 M4 with 4× Xeon E5-2680 v2, 128 GB RAM, 2× QLogic
$149.00
IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM X3650 M5 5462-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER
$349.99
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$281.25