-
Starting Postgres using Knoppix (windows - cygwin)
My default OS is windows 2000. I have installed cygwin and runpostgres database using it. Which works fine.
When I Boot using Knoppix live cd. i can go to the folder where I have exe files to start the db serve. i get a message that user knopppix does not have execute access, this folder has only read access. I tired changing the file settings to execute for all but does not chnage the access.
1. Can I create a user in knoppix which is same as windows user, so that it will have full access on the local hardrive.
2. Is this the way I run applications in windows ? I mean start,by executing applications as I would in windows.
What i want to do is run postgres on the machine and be able to use it using both windows and knoppix, is it possible?
thanks
pathy
Similar Threads
-
By KIRAN in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-13-2005, 11:26 PM
-
By eco2geek in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-14-2004, 11:36 AM
-
By mshanmuga in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-28-2004, 08:41 PM
-
By pathy in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-07-2004, 02:05 AM
-
By pnti in forum General Support
Replies: 18
Last Post: 05-23-2003, 11:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$400.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$395.95

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98

DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5" AIO Core i5 10500T 8GB 256GB NVMe Windows 11 -NO STAND
$199.99