-
Starting Postgres using Knoppix (windows - cygwin)
My default OS is windows 2000. I have installed cygwin and runpostgres database using it. Which works fine.
When I Boot using Knoppix live cd. i can go to the folder where I have exe files to start the db serve. i get a message that user knopppix does not have execute access, this folder has only read access. I tired changing the file settings to execute for all but does not chnage the access.
1. Can I create a user in knoppix which is same as windows user, so that it will have full access on the local hardrive.
2. Is this the way I run applications in windows ? I mean start,by executing applications as I would in windows.
What i want to do is run postgres on the machine and be able to use it using both windows and knoppix, is it possible?
thanks
pathy
-
Senior Member
registered user
Uuuuhm.
You run cygwin, a linux-emulator on windows, to run postgres.
Now you want to run wine, to run windows, to run postgres.
Well - for having only one database, which needn't be synchronized, I can understand...
I don't know whether the dataformat of both can be shared - perhaps you read something on the postgresql - website.
Or make a backup of the data, install the linux-postgresql-db, preferably the same version (number), and try to give as data-dir argument the mounted windows-partition, cygwin-postgresql datadir.
Similar Threads
-
By KIRAN in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-13-2005, 11:26 PM
-
By eco2geek in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-14-2004, 11:36 AM
-
By mshanmuga in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-28-2004, 08:41 PM
-
By pathy in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-07-2004, 02:05 AM
-
By pnti in forum General Support
Replies: 18
Last Post: 05-23-2003, 11:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60

NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE T430 T630 G13 SERVERS K98XH
$225.00

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Blade Server BAREBONES NO CPU, RAM OR HDD 🚚
$140.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis
$274.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Empty Chassis XJ6VP
$149.99

NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE R730 SERVER M48YR RXW6R K98XH
$225.00

NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW
$599.40