-
Making bootable CD without image, but with complete fileset?
I received a CD with KNOPPIX 3.1. This CD should be bootable, but isn't (I checked it with IsoBuster). From the CD I made a bootable diskette and then Knoppix runs perfectly. So the fileset seems complete.
With this in hand, how can I burn a bootable CD? I am using Nero Nurning ROM. I have just burned Windows XP + SP1 (merged) on a bootable CD and tried these settings for KNOPPIX, but this didnt work.
Can sombody support me? 
Paul
-
Senior Member
registered user
Your cd was burned improperly, not as an iso image, or it would boot, this is a common problem with people using windows cd burning software.
I don't have nero, but you will need to 'make a bootable cdrom' with nero, you will use the knoppix boot.img as the cd's boot floppy image and then use the filesystem on your knoppix cd to finish up the cd.
HTH
rock
-
Senior Member
registered user
Open Nero
Close the wizard
click - >file ->burn image.
I assume you have two cdrom drives. Tell it which cdrom has the .iso (image source). If you don't have a 2nd cdrom copy the .iso on your hard drive.
yikes - It makes me shudder to think about going back to m$
Similar Threads
-
By Joseph Schiller in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-17-2004, 11:44 PM
-
By hw.stadl0r in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 04:01 PM
-
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-02-2004, 11:50 AM
-
By matt_w_lambert in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-05-2004, 10:20 PM
-
By ironstorm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-23-2002, 08:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, 4.5TB, (4) HDD, EXCELLENT COND.
$625.00

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$187.50

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99