Sorry Martin, but with this little information nobody can and will help you.
You have to say what exactly you have done and what you want to do.
Probably you wnat to compile a new application, right?
Which one?
I'm new to Linux, so be gentle please. It seems that everything that I am trying to do at the moment is scuppered by the error message: "*** No rule to make target xxxx ". The machine I have it on does not have internet access (yet) and so have to load any files via CD. Any help gratefully received.
Thanks.
Martin.
Sorry Martin, but with this little information nobody can and will help you.
You have to say what exactly you have done and what you want to do.
Probably you wnat to compile a new application, right?
Which one?
This is what one gets when issuing "make" in a directory with no makefile. Are you trying to develop under linux?Originally Posted by martin.kirkby
No.
At leat I get another message when calling make in a directory without makefile.
I get no rule to make target xxxx when I call make xxxx , but there is no target xxxx defined in the makefile.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1MB- 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Jump Drive Lot
$385.00
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99