Sorry Martin, but with this little information nobody can and will help you.
You have to say what exactly you have done and what you want to do.
Probably you wnat to compile a new application, right?
Which one?
I'm new to Linux, so be gentle please. It seems that everything that I am trying to do at the moment is scuppered by the error message: "*** No rule to make target xxxx ". The machine I have it on does not have internet access (yet) and so have to load any files via CD. Any help gratefully received.
Thanks.
Martin.
Sorry Martin, but with this little information nobody can and will help you.
You have to say what exactly you have done and what you want to do.
Probably you wnat to compile a new application, right?
Which one?
This is what one gets when issuing "make" in a directory with no makefile. Are you trying to develop under linux?Originally Posted by martin.kirkby
No.
At leat I get another message when calling make in a directory without makefile.
I get no rule to make target xxxx when I call make xxxx , but there is no target xxxx defined in the makefile.

Fully Refurbished Commodore 64 + Original Box | Recapped, Tested, Guaranteed
$299.00
Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99
TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50
Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99
Commodore SX-64 Personal Computer
$600.00
Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49
Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller
$29.99
Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99
Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99
RARE Commodore MPS801 Printer - 1st printer for the 64 - powers on
$70.00