Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: No rule to make target

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    No rule to make target

    I'm new to Linux, so be gentle please. It seems that everything that I am trying to do at the moment is scuppered by the error message: "*** No rule to make target xxxx ". The machine I have it on does not have internet access (yet) and so have to load any files via CD. Any help gratefully received.
    Thanks.

    Martin.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    9

    Sorry

    Sorry Martin, but with this little information nobody can and will help you.
    You have to say what exactly you have done and what you want to do.

    Probably you wnat to compile a new application, right?
    Which one?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555

    Re: No rule to make target

    Quote Originally Posted by martin.kirkby
    "*** No rule to make target xxxx "
    This is what one gets when issuing "make" in a directory with no makefile. Are you trying to develop under linux?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    436
    No.
    At leat I get another message when calling make in a directory without makefile.

    I get no rule to make target xxxx when I call make xxxx , but there is no target xxxx defined in the makefile.

Similar Threads

  1. I really want to make sure before I being...
    By kranberry in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-02-2005, 08:11 PM
  2. make menuconfig / make dep
    By Lord1981 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-04-2004, 10:19 PM
  3. Should I make a 3.3 CD?
    By Kethinov in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-29-2003, 08:42 PM
  4. No mount target
    By charles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-30-2003, 12:56 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 10:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Catalyst WS-C3650-12X48UQ-L 48 Port UPOE 4x 10G SFP+ Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C3650-12X48UQ-L 48 Port UPOE 4x 10G SFP+ Switch

$175.00



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$205.00



Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch picture

Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch

$749.99



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Cisco C1111-4P Integrated Services Router with ipbasek9 license picture

Cisco C1111-4P Integrated Services Router with ipbasek9 license

$200.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00