-
Junior Member
registered user
gqview --> filenames with german umlauts
Hello.
I have gqview version 1.4.3 installed (on Debian GNU/Linux which I installed with the knoppix-HD-installation).
I had to apt-get this gqview because it wasn't included in Knoppix 3.4.
The problem/error: I have several directory- and filenames with german umlauts (ä, ö, ü, ...). These are not or not completely displayed.
What can I do? How can I solve this?
Furthermore there is an errormessage each time I start gqview and change the directory to such a umlaut-directory. The errormessage says:
Code:
One or more filenames are not encoded with the preferred locale character set. Operations on, and display of these files with gqview may not succeed.
If your filenames are not encoded in utf-8, try setting the environment variable G_BROKEN_FILENAMES=1
It appears G_BROKEN_FILENAMES is not set.
The locale appears to be set to "de_DE@euro
(set by the lang environment variable)
The partitions with these umlaut-directories and filenames are formatted with FAT32. May this be the problem?
Do you need more info?
I would appreciate any help or hints.
Similar Threads
-
By chaosnine in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-03-2017, 08:53 PM
-
By diogenes in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-12-2005, 12:52 PM
-
By farlight in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-26-2005, 10:45 AM
-
By oiic in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-11-2004, 11:11 PM
-
By PeterFr in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-23-2003, 04:50 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14� HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 1 14.0" 16GB 512GB, BLACK
$285.99

Lenovo Thinkbook 14s Yoga ITL 14� Core i7-1165G7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Touch
$379.00

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14� FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$242.00

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50