Hello.
I have gqview version 1.4.3 installed (on Debian GNU/Linux which I installed with the knoppix-HD-installation).
I had to apt-get this gqview because it wasn't included in Knoppix 3.4.
The problem/error: I have several directory- and filenames with german umlauts (ä, ö, ü, ...). These are not or not completely displayed.
What can I do? How can I solve this?
Furthermore there is an errormessage each time I start gqview and change the directory to such a umlaut-directory. The errormessage says:Code:One or more filenames are not encoded with the preferred locale character set. Operations on, and display of these files with gqview may not succeed. If your filenames are not encoded in utf-8, try setting the environment variable G_BROKEN_FILENAMES=1 It appears G_BROKEN_FILENAMES is not set. The locale appears to be set to "de_DE@euro (set by the lang environment variable)
The partitions with these umlaut-directories and filenames are formatted with FAT32. May this be the problem?
Do you need more info?
I would appreciate any help or hints.

SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD
$100.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73
Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99