-
Junior Member
registered user
Can't open dependencies file /lib/modules/extra/modules.dep
I have installed Knoppix 3.4 on my harddisk. I have two harddisks and I installed it on the second one.
Now when I start my computer it tells me after the lilo "choose what you want to boot"-menu the following things:
Code:
modprobe: Can't open dependencies file /lib/modules/extra/modules.dep
And something with mount, that it doesn't know devfs or so.
What could be the problem?
When I execute lilo it tells me
Code:
Warning: The boot sector and map file are on different disks.
Added Linux *
Added Windows 2000
May this have something to do with it?
I don't know what the problem is...
By the way: The file /lib/modules/extra/modules.dep exists! At least after the boot process has ended.
Similar Threads
-
By rogle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 04:30 PM
-
By redss in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-07-2005, 11:40 PM
-
By Edwin Glaser in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-04-2004, 09:03 PM
-
By gowator in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-06-2004, 01:51 PM
-
By Ambrose in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-12-2003, 05:01 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4
$79.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
$54.99