You can't install anything that needs to be put else where then home directory or the ram disk.
the /lib folder is on the CD, hence you can't write to it.
Hello![]()
I'm having trouble installing modem and sound card packages (in general) but more specifically I would like to know if error messages like 'cannot change owner' and 'Operation not permitted' are something to do with knoppix not having a hard disk home??? It's like knoppix can't write to it's own ramdisk and setup drivers for my modem or sound card...it's true I do have modem and sound chipsets not directly supported but I can't seem to get past the errors like 'cannot create directory `/lib/modules/2.4.26/misc': Operation not permitted' ....even if the drivers didn't work I should be able to force an install and try my luck??
I've remounted all drives as 'r,w' except the CD but still it has trouble writing to system directories etc????
Confused???
You can't install anything that needs to be put else where then home directory or the ram disk.
the /lib folder is on the CD, hence you can't write to it.

DKB MegAChip for Amiga 2000/500 2MB Chip Ram expansion with 8375 Agnus Tested
$285.00
Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000
$40.00
Commodore Amiga 1200 Keyboard, Caps Lock LED Faulty TESTED
$99.99
Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested
$999.99
Commodore Amiga 1010 External 3.5” Floppy Drive A500 A1000 A2000 • Untested
$64.99
Commodore Amiga 2000HD Vintage Personal Computer A2000
$599.99
Alegra 512KB Fast RAM Side Expansion for Amiga 1000, Tested, Working
$149.00
AMIGA DB23 RGB Female to VGA Male Buffered Cable 5 ft. - A1000 A2000 A3000 A4000
$38.00
RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00
NewTek Video Toaster 4000 Commodore Amiga
$170.00