You can't install anything that needs to be put else where then home directory or the ram disk.
the /lib folder is on the CD, hence you can't write to it.
Hello![]()
I'm having trouble installing modem and sound card packages (in general) but more specifically I would like to know if error messages like 'cannot change owner' and 'Operation not permitted' are something to do with knoppix not having a hard disk home??? It's like knoppix can't write to it's own ramdisk and setup drivers for my modem or sound card...it's true I do have modem and sound chipsets not directly supported but I can't seem to get past the errors like 'cannot create directory `/lib/modules/2.4.26/misc': Operation not permitted' ....even if the drivers didn't work I should be able to force an install and try my luck??
I've remounted all drives as 'r,w' except the CD but still it has trouble writing to system directories etc????
Confused???
You can't install anything that needs to be put else where then home directory or the ram disk.
the /lib folder is on the CD, hence you can't write to it.

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St...
$64.99
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$167.63
ZD024M300080US 30V 800mA Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner AC Power Adapter Cord
$19.99
(2) Battery For FoxNoble Cordless Vacuum Cleaner GLBP01-6S26
$49.00
Cordless Electric Mini Air Duster Blower Vacuum Cleaner for PC Computer Car Home
$16.99
Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98
Computer Vacuum Cleaner Air Duster Cordless 110000RPM Keyboard Dust Remover
$38.90
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99