-
Junior Member
registered user
I gave it another try last night and got my modem up and running in about 3 minutes. Just had to find the com port it was on. I went to the root terminal and entered the following:
setserial /dev/ttyS4 irq 11
ln /dev/ttyS4 /dev/modem
I went back in and configured kppp and was up and running! Thanks alot for all your help. I must say i really enjoy linux. ive been stuck in the windows rut so long i forgot what it was like to actually have control over your computer.....
Now for the sound card....
I messed around with it for a while and configured it, but still no sound. I have boston accoustic digital speakers connected to my sblive, does knoppix support digital audio out? I didnt try the analog out to see if that works, ill have to give that a try. I know in XP i had to enable digital out before they would work, do i have to do the same in knoppix (KDE)?
thanks again, my newbie linux experience has been great so far!
-jamie
Similar Threads
-
By crhoff in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 09:00 PM
-
By tb75252 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 01:20 AM
-
By Evan38888 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 10
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 04:15 AM
-
By bullgoose in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-15-2003, 04:28 PM
-
By bubazoo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-22-2003, 07:08 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5" Floppy Disks
$199.00

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00

HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50

BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5" SCSI Drive ,Wi-Fi,For Macintosh, Amiga, PC
$52.99

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

OPEN BOX - AMIGA Genlock Interface Vintage Video Adapter 1300- GREAT
$329.95