-
Junior Member
registered user
Knoppix HDD install Vs. regular Debian install
Hi there.
I've been wondering what the main differences are between a Knoppix hard disk installation and a normal installation of Debian. One thing I've read in numerous places is the fact that Knoppix was never intended to be installed, but just for use as a live CD. That makes me wonder whether I'd be better off if I started over with regular Debian.
I can see some of the advantages of installing Knoppix (bundled software being one; the ease of installation being another), but would there be any other major advantages to me getting rid of my current Knoppix installation and installing Debian?
Bear in mind that I'm new to Linux. The reason I did a Knoppix HDD install in the first place was because it was pretty simple.
One question I have in mind is this: Knoppix managed to autodetect my hardware quite well. After installing to my hard disk the only problems I had were: monitor not working above 1280x1024, can't boot while my bluetooth dongle is plugged in, wireless network adapter not working, sound not working. If I install Debian will I find myself with loads of hardware/driver configuration to do that Knoppix has done for me?
So yeah... Any comments?
Similar Threads
-
By stoned_bush in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-23-2005, 10:21 AM
-
By sam1967 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 06-21-2005, 01:37 AM
-
By susanjohnson in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-21-2005, 11:36 AM
-
By chukky25 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-27-2004, 09:21 PM
-
By Worm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-08-2004, 08:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch
$749.99

nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply
$200.00

Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89