-
CD Boot works, HDD Installed boot fails at second hurdle
I'm trying to get Knoppix to boot after being installed onto the hard disk in a Rock Sigma (laptop/notebook).
When booting Knoppix from the CD everything works, apart from the Knoppix pre-boot graphic is corrupt, which I figure is unimportant.
I partition the HDD half a gig of swap, the rest ext3 and do appropriate mkfs etc.
I have used the knoppix-installer script to install both Knoppix style and traditional Debian systems, however I always get the same problem when
I try to boot into knoppix from the HDD.
The Dedian graphic come up with a list of three kernels to boot, linux, linux2.4 and linux2.6 they all fail in different ways.
linux2.6 loads the kernel then the laptop reboots.
linux2.4 loads the kernel then stops after grawing some colourful gibberish on the screen.
It looks to me like the miniroot load isn't even being attempted.
I've tried assorted nodma etc. but no luck.
What options does the knoppix CD kernel use, and what is the difference between CD and HDD boot.
TIA
Bri
Similar Threads
-
By tilleyrw in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-19-2005, 01:17 AM
-
By Particle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-19-2005, 03:25 PM
-
By helios17 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:27 AM
-
By robbyappleton in forum General Support
Replies: 22
Last Post: 02-29-2004, 09:08 PM
-
By AndrewDucker in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-20-2003, 09:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$125.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$298.00

Firewalla Purple SE Cyber Security Firewall Home Business VPN…
$215.00

FortiGate-60F Network Security Firewall Fortinet - Used
$95.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$219.99

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99