Depends, are you referring to your own customized Knoppix? If so see
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...masteringHowto
If you really want to build your own Linux see
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/
Good Luck,
Mike
Q : I want to 'build' my own linux. Can someone please tell me how to do this and what i will need?
-Thanks-
Depends, are you referring to your own customized Knoppix? If so see
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...masteringHowto
If you really want to build your own Linux see
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/
Good Luck,
Mike
I want to build my own Linux mainly to learn more about how the whole thing works. I find that I learn more about someting by taking it appart and putting it back together again. It would also free up some disk space cos I don't really use/need all the packages installed in knoppix.
The linuxfromscratch website will certainly come in handy. Thanks for the help.![]()

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4
$149.95
Datto S3P1000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 16GB DDR4
$139.95
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08