-
Trouble with Lilo
Hi.
I have 2 hard drives. The first hd has a fat32 partition (with windows98 installed), and a NTFS partition (with windows XP installed).
The second hard drive has a linux ext3 partition, a linux swap partition and an ntfs partition.
I installed knoppix on the linux partition.
The first time I installed it, I put Lilo on the MBR. When I did this, and tried to boot into XP from Lilo, I got the XP startup screen, and then I got an error saying "autochk not found" or something like that. so I did a fixmbr and removed Lilo from the MBR. XP still would not load. So I booted win98, and ran PartitionMagic. There, I saw what I thought could be the problem: the NTFS partition which XP was installed on was hidden. so I un-hid it, and rebooted... and xp booted normally.
So, I figured I wouldn't bother to put Lilo on the MBR. I re-installed knoppix, and tried putting it on the root partition instead. After doing this, Lilo does not come up at all.
So the questions are:
Does Lilo hide the NTFS partition when put on the MBR?
And how can I get Lilo to load without hiding the NTFS partition so that I can boot XP?
Could someone give me some assistance?
Similar Threads
-
By tomjermy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 01:07 AM
-
By lwsimon in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 02:31 PM
-
By nirav1983 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-12-2004, 06:05 PM
-
By braveapachebr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-18-2004, 03:46 AM
-
By Spectral_Entity in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-07-2004, 09:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

LOT OF 10 NEW Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-Line PoE Speakerphone VoIP Desk Phone
$699.99

Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box
$1500.00

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99