Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: 9800 Pro, where's the power!?

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    44

    9800 Pro, where's the power!?

    I got FlightGear and TuxKart on my system, I've tried playing them with terrible disappointment. Apprently, seeing as how its Linux and OpenGL, my Radeon 9800 Pro isn't eing used to its full power. How do I install drivers for it, or do something to speed it up?? I've tried installing the ATI Proprietary drivers to no avail, because I can't install RPMs for some reason. It keeps asking me to use Alien, but I don't know what or where that is...i

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: 9800 Pro, where's the power!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth870
    I got FlightGear and TuxKart on my system, I've tried playing them with terrible disappointment. Apprently, seeing as how its Linux and OpenGL, my Radeon 9800 Pro isn't eing used to its full power. How do I install drivers for it, or do something to speed it up?? I've tried installing the ATI Proprietary drivers to no avail, because I can't install RPMs for some reason. It keeps asking me to use Alien, but I don't know what or where that is...i
    Got to http://kanotix.com/files/ and get the install-radeon-debian.sh then once dowloaded change to the directory you saved too and chmod +x install-radeon-debian.sh and ./install-radeon-debian.sh this best done as root from a console login chosen from the KDM greeter screen menu.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    44
    Cool, thanks.

    One problem, its telling me something about the kernel not matching something else. Um, here's what ATI's website says:
    NOTE: Kernel source code and header files must match the version of the kernel you are using. For example, Mandrake 10.0's precompiled kernel version is 2.6.3-7mdk, for which you should need kernel-source-2.6.3-7mdk RPM release.
    I believe this is what is happening to me, so how do I fix it?

    <edit>It installed in 2.4 fine, but in 2.6 it won't :P And 2.4 doesn't allow me to use the mouse</edit>

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix using 1680x1050 with ATI Radeon 9800 pro
    By freelancer523 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-31-2005, 02:14 AM
  2. Drivers for Radeon 9800 Pro. Anyone gotten them to work?
    By OtterToast in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2005, 12:24 AM
  3. Radeon 9800 Pro
    By toxik in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-30-2004, 08:02 PM
  4. computer won't power off
    By dimkal in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-07-2004, 12:04 AM
  5. radeon 9800 (non-pro) configuration on knoppix 3.3
    By freak in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-31-2003, 02:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold picture

32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold

$121.00



128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory picture

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory

$189.00



Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V picture

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V

$41.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1 picture

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1

$399.00



Apacer Industrial 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC Unbuffered SODIMM RAM PC4-21300 260-pin picture

Apacer Industrial 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC Unbuffered SODIMM RAM PC4-21300 260-pin

$64.95