Try "sudo wlcardconfig" from a command prompt, and see if your card gets detected... (It's probably in the menus as well, but I can't tell you where right now)
Hi,
I am trying to use an Orinoco gold card on an ACER laptop running Knoppix 3.4. I cant seem to get it to work. When Knoppix boots up, the only interface that comes up is the local loopback interface, i.e. no eth0 or eth1. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Alastair
Try "sudo wlcardconfig" from a command prompt, and see if your card gets detected... (It's probably in the menus as well, but I can't tell you where right now)
I ran "sudo wlancardconfig" and entered the parameters for my AP. Still having a problem though. When I run "iwconfig" it shows "tx-powerff". Im guessing this isnt right! Also I didnt enter any values for iwpriv or iwspy, is that a problem?
Afaik there are different hardware versions with the same name "Orinoco Gold". Mine is about two years old and works perfectly automatically without the need for any settings. But I have heard that they have changed the chipset.

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 CMK32GX4M2E3200C16
$169.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$30.00
Kingston 32GB (2X16GB) DDR4 2666 ECC UDIMM RAM KSM26ED8/16ME PC4-21300 288pin
$225.00
Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25
16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980
$39.99
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98