Try "sudo wlcardconfig" from a command prompt, and see if your card gets detected... (It's probably in the menus as well, but I can't tell you where right now)
Hi,
I am trying to use an Orinoco gold card on an ACER laptop running Knoppix 3.4. I cant seem to get it to work. When Knoppix boots up, the only interface that comes up is the local loopback interface, i.e. no eth0 or eth1. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Alastair
Try "sudo wlcardconfig" from a command prompt, and see if your card gets detected... (It's probably in the menus as well, but I can't tell you where right now)
I ran "sudo wlancardconfig" and entered the parameters for my AP. Still having a problem though. When I run "iwconfig" it shows "tx-powerff". Im guessing this isnt right! Also I didnt enter any values for iwpriv or iwspy, is that a problem?
Afaik there are different hardware versions with the same name "Orinoco Gold". Mine is about two years old and works perfectly automatically without the need for any settings. But I have heard that they have changed the chipset.

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99
Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox
$620.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server E5-2698 V4 | No RAM | 2x 1600W PSU
$414.99
DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95
Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95