-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Sound card problems, please help!!!

Originally Posted by
jaredhanks
So i installed knoppix onto my hdd, but now it can't find the sound card. It worked when I ran it from the cd, but since being installed it doesn't work. I ran the soundcard configuration but can't get it to work. It autodetects ES1371 as my sound card but won't play the sample sound. I then look through the list and find my sound card (Creative SoundBlaster 128 PCI) but that doesn't work either. Could someone please help me.
Thanks.
A few "background" questions... ( I am going on a hunch that your problem is the same as what I had problems with, hopefully
)
1 ) Are you using the OSS sound, or are you trying to get ALSA working?
2 ) What version of Knoppix are you using? ( i.e. v3.3, v3.4, etc... and if its version 3.4, which kernel; 2.4.4 or 2.6.6 ? ) try a uname -r in a Konsole window )
I was trying to get ALSA working on a Knoppix v3.4, kernel 2.6.6, and it worked fine when I used alsa cheatcode on the boot of the CD, but after I hard drive installed it, it refused to work - when I had version v3.3 with the older kernel, I could run alsa as a cheatcode on the CD boot, and after I hard drive installed it, it "inherited" alsa configured and working, fine. But this same technique doesn't work in the new version of Knoppix ( v3.4 ) anymore.
Ms. Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By thummer in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 12:46 PM
-
By vip3r in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-03-2005, 06:15 PM
-
By CKLM in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-15-2004, 08:51 PM
-
By Jetrider_Omega in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-15-2004, 05:01 AM
-
By chad5118 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-01-2003, 03:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY
$89.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

LOT OF 4 HP 840758-091 32GB DDR4 PC4-2666 Registered Server Memory 128GB Total
$1000.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro
$189.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original
$39.88