-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
markb

Originally Posted by
Cuddles
I assume we are talking ALSA then, in addition to the above suggestion, ensure that your volumes are not muted. ALSA, by default, loads with ZERO on volume levels, AND muted on all channels and sound devices.
Yes, this is a pain. I have to "unmute" the sound every time I boot, is there a way to fix this?
Yes, yes, there is... ( I knew all these months of sitting in ALSA news groups would pay-off someday
)
Get your volume levels set the way you want them, preferably through alsamixer.
In a Konsole window type the following:
Place the following in a location where it will be run each time you boot, best place is in /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh -=- at the very bottom of the file:
Any time you change your volume, or mute status information, you will want to re-run the "store" command again...
Works great for me, I get my settings the same as I want, every time I boot, no fuss...
SIDE NOTE: not sure if you have to run these both in root, though - you might try them as user, and see if they work, if not, try them as root - I think it has to be done as root though, just not sure...
Hope this helps,
Ms. Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By thummer in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 12:46 PM
-
By vip3r in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-03-2005, 06:15 PM
-
By CKLM in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-15-2004, 08:51 PM
-
By Jetrider_Omega in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-15-2004, 05:01 AM
-
By chad5118 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-01-2003, 03:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM 02CL197 FLASH SYSTEM 840-900 LITHIUM ION SERVER BATTERY MODULE 990854
$225.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Lot of 4 IBM 52Y4089 POWER7 CPU Processor Modules Server CPUs
$49.99