Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Driverloader Error

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3

    Driverloader Error

    Ok I'm have trouble getting LInuxant to work with my usb wifi adapter.
    I've tried installing from dpkg and then I ran rpmbuild with the tar.gz but got the same

    Read-Only file system error

    Here is what I got after running make install with the rpm

    knoppix@ttyp0[driverloader-1.77]$ make install
    make[1]: Entering directory `/ramdisk/home/knoppix/LInuxant/driverloader-1.77/modules'
    rm -rf "/usr/lib/driverloader/config.mak" "/usr/lib/driverloader/modules/imported" "/usr/lib/driverloader/modules"
    mkdir -m 755 -p /usr/lib/driverloader/modules
    mkdir: cannot create directory `/usr/lib/driverloader': Read-only file system
    make[1]: *** [/usr/lib/driverloader/modules] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/ramdisk/home/knoppix/LInuxant/driverloader-1.77/modules'
    make: *** [install] Error 2

    I've tried this from root, and also tried changing permissions for the various files and directories. Would love to get this USB adapter working so I can get a online. I'm running a Dell Truemobile 1300 adapter.

    I would even be ready to get an internal card if anyone knows of one that works from boot without all the hassle. I'll be installing Mandrake 10 next week sometime, but was running Knoppix to see if there where going to be problems with some of my hardware.

    Thank you for any help you can give me!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    You can't install software to a live cd as it is a read-only file system.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3
    THank you for clearing that up for me. I'll wait till I do a hdd install with Mandrake 10.

Similar Threads

  1. Linuxant DriverLoader for Wi-Fi on Dell Laptop
    By bigrobot in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-23-2005, 03:26 AM
  2. Help with ndiswrapper and driverloader
    By jmccamb in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2004, 09:38 PM
  3. Installing Linuxant Driverloader
    By andrej in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2004, 02:15 PM
  4. Xine error after doing a Upgrade, error posted. (resolved)
    By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-20-2004, 04:30 PM
  5. Partition-error (Table written but error while reading!!!)
    By Mad_Max_FX in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2003, 03:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$488.00



Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox picture

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox

$620.00



Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710

$349.99



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99