Try "sudo wlcardconfig" from a command prompt, and see if your card gets detected... (It's probably in the menus as well, but I can't tell you where right now)
Hi,
I am trying to use an Orinoco gold card on an ACER laptop running Knoppix 3.4. I cant seem to get it to work. When Knoppix boots up, the only interface that comes up is the local loopback interface, i.e. no eth0 or eth1. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Alastair
Try "sudo wlcardconfig" from a command prompt, and see if your card gets detected... (It's probably in the menus as well, but I can't tell you where right now)
I ran "sudo wlancardconfig" and entered the parameters for my AP. Still having a problem though. When I run "iwconfig" it shows "tx-powerff". Im guessing this isnt right! Also I didnt enter any values for iwpriv or iwspy, is that a problem?
Afaik there are different hardware versions with the same name "Orinoco Gold". Mine is about two years old and works perfectly automatically without the need for any settings. But I have heard that they have changed the chipset.

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$16.41
D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99